- Applying to study
- Starting out
- Managing your study
Services and facilities
- - Student Central
- - Workshops, programs and online resources
- - Counselling Service
- - Disability Service
- - Student Welfare Service
- - Student Legal Services
- - Chaplaincy
- - Student Representation & Participation at UWS
- - Student Academic Committees
- - International student support
- - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander student support
- UWS systems
- Contact us
Who are we?
The UWS Counselling Service is a team of qualified social workers and psychologists who are trained to work with diverse student populations on any issues of concern. If you're facing any barriers that may affect your study or want to optimise your study then the Counselling Service or Disability Service may be able to help.
Students and staff are encouraged to access free, confidential counselling services as early as possible before studies are affected. Students are able to use the free UWS Counselling Service for face-to-face sessions or phone sessions, or try eCounselling online. Staff are invited to use the Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Mental health and Wellbeing is everyone's business and we are all likely to be impacted at some time in our lives by mental health changes, either personally or in someone we know. For more information visit the Mental health and wellbeing website or visit one of these helpful pages:
- What is Counselling?
- Are you coping with study? How we can help, time management planners to help plan your commitments and advice to help you adjust to university life
- Stress and your wellbeing - information and tips to help you manage stress and links to peak bodies in Australia.
- UWS Mental Health and Wellbeing Strategy 2012-2015 (PDF, 140.88 KB)
- Code of ethical practice [PDF, 75Kb] (opens in a new window)
- Counselling Service brochure [PDF, 245Kb](opens in a new window)
- Study skills workshops
For immediate crisis intervention when life may be in danger, call 000 or go to your local hospital emergency department. For further emergency and 24-hour services please visit our resources list or the via UWS App on your smartphone.
Our office hours are Monday to Friday 9.00am - 4.30pm.
Phone: (02) 9852 5199
Bankstown - Building 11
Campbelltown - Building 16
Hawkesbury - Building K4 (Monday - Thursday)
Parramatta - Building EJd
Penrith (Kingswood) - Building P, room 1.04